This classic Cream Christening Mary-Jane style baby shoe is perfect for christenings, weddings and special occasions. It has a tan suede sole which is non-slip making it ideal for laminate and wooden flooring. These lovely little shoes look smart and are very versatile, suitable for both boys and girls. As with all Dotty Fish shoes they have been designed with growing little feet in mind and have been podiatry approved. They have an elasticated ankle trim, so they fit snugly and don’t keep coming off. The wide toe area allows feet to move freely and doesn’t restrict growth at all.
These charming cream Christening shoes come delivered in an organza gift bag and make an ideal present.– Baby safe leather
– Cream shoes suitable for boys and girls
– Perfect first shoes
– Packaged in an organza gift bag
Sizes: 0-6 Months to 12-18 Months
Material: Leather upper and suede sole
Deciding which size shoe to get can be tricky. Babies don’t come in one size and they grow and develop at very different rates. At dotty fish this is at the heart of what we do, ensuring we create shoes suitable for little feet to grow and develop naturally. The best way to get the right fit is to measure your little ones foot which is not as difficult as you may think. Our step by step guide below shows you how to do this. Of course if you have access to a shoe gauge then that can be used just as easily.
How to measure step by step:
What you need:
- A blank piece of paper
- A pencil
- A ruler
- And of course your child!
- Place the paper on a hard floor surface and tape it down so it doesn’t move.
- Ask your child to stand on the paper or gently place their foot on the paper.
- Mark off the back of the heel and the tip of the longest toe using your pencil. Make sure your child’s foot hasn’t moved between markings.
- As both feet may be slightly different sizes repeat this for the other foot.
- Measure the distance between the two marks. Make a note of this and then use the biggest foot measurement as the one you use when choosing which size to buy.
- On our individual size guides you will find your measurement in cm, use this to order the correct size for your little ones feet. We have included the shoe size for various regions for reference purposes only.
For example if your measurement is 10.3cm then you need to order size 6-12 months. If your measurement is 10.8cm then you are probably better off ordering size 12-18 months as your child’s foot is close to the ‘up to’ range and we all know how quickly their feet grow!
For babies that are not yet standing you can use a piece of paper stuck onto a book and then have a go at measuring their feet while they are asleep.
Please remember that width of the foot also plays a part. If your child has a particularly wide foot then a slightly bigger size may be better.
For Shimmy Shoes we realise that getting the right size is even more important and so we are happy to exchange any of our shoes for the correct size. (see product pages for our size guide especially for Shimmy Shoes)